2/22/2009

Sport can be good, but not always

Let me explain the facts.
Yesterday, after a long day in school, I realised that I had no money for the bus (there are 15 km between the institute and my house).
Sadly, there was no other solution: walk back to home!
After buying some water, preparing a long list of songs on my mp3 and lamenting my bad luck, I started the long travel.
I tried to follow the usual road of the bus, but it very quickly became impossible, the road was too small, with many cars running into it, so I had to enter on the open field, which was near my school.
One hour later, the problems began: a fence in the middle of the field ...
It was really difficult for me to jump it, because of the spikes.
So much effort and pain for what? Behind the trees and the fence, there where golf fields ...
Again jumping the fence, hurting my legs unnecessarily, and tired of all, with the body burning in pain, I encountered many other obstacles.
First it was a river, then a free way, again more and more fences.
It took me more than 5 hours to reach finally my home.
My pant and shirt was half broken, with a bit of mud, with blood and I was very tired.
And besides, my parents, instead of congratulating me on my achievement, criticized my lack of responsibility ...

After all these events, I have concluded that walking and running are not always good for health.
What would you do in this case? Ask the mobile of someone to call your parents? Ask help in school? Walk?

Thanks for reading, and now it’s your turn, give some opinions!

3 comments:

bestdragon12 said...

Well Adeidos I must admit that's very unlucky :P

If I were in your shoes I would most probably bribe Sip to send me a private sheep jet :P!

Hehe well luckily in my country that is very unlikely to happen because you don't have to pay to ride on the school bus/van. Even if that were to happen, the longest possible distance from your school to your house is 10km :D

Swedeswede said...

This exact thing happened to me once! But lucky for me I knew the best walking route home because I bike to school during the spring and fall. Just followed the bike path home.

Man I hate that $1.00 fee!

Gaston said...

Only unlucky? Tha's awful...
Once I had a similar problem, but I had to walk only 5 km from where I used to do gym.

On the whole, gym doesn't worth it :P