11/02/2012

Welcome to a slimmer MARX BROTHERS

With the support of Jefco and the Crew, I have been invested as new captain of the Marx Brothers. I have full powers to handle the lifes of our current members, allow new candidates to join and stay as a visible head as long as I wish. I hope this to be a breath of vitality and creativity both for the clan and the game.

I will explain in the next paragraphs what has been going on in the Power Soccer life for the past years, what has happened to our clan, and why we reached this dangerous situation in which a single man is given dictatorial powers to save what is left to be saved. 

Then, I will expose what are my plans for the future and what I hope to achieve during my reign.

Let's begin.

A good way to seek for major changes in Power Soccer is by using the search-tool and read all the post Powdersnow wrote in the last 2 years. It's a tiring process, but it's also enriching because you always learn from reading old topics. So let me share with you three threads which I find very relevant.

Of course, as expected, the first thread is the one we all had on mind, the thread which involved a turning point in the game. I'm talking about the "New Slimmer Power Soccer". Results are now visible: a significative decline of the presence of non-CM (Club Members), a bigger presence of CM in the game and forums, a much smaller comunity and therefore a smaller forum. I venture to say that we have right here an important link to the general decline of our activity.

I still have doubts if the two other threads are somehow related to the introducion of a Slimmer PS, or if the stated reasons are the truth. Given the immaculate aura of perfection that surrounds our honorable founders, I will not launch yet the attacks which have the ultimate goal to eliminate old and dangerous convicts such as Jefco -  his existence is a challenge to my powers and as such, has to be destroyed. Enough play on words: find out here and here the two relevant threads. After their resignation from their MA positions, Sipwell and Airfix have gone through a process of checking less and less forums, emails, game challenges. Just a data: they haven't posted in public forums for 6 months now. 

Let's be honest: we belong to the past. Our voice is not heard in the every day issues of the community, the game, the forums. What was once a massive influence in the cultural life of the game is now a museum of old glorious users who come and check the game every once in a while and then leave. The Marx Brothers are endangered.To the point that two of us are left. Jefco - not for long - and me, Adeidos. For many including myself, it's still a mistery how I have survived for ages in the Admin Team and in the MB, just like this guy survived for years in one of the most dangerous revolutions. Maybe the fact that I speak French has something to do on this. L'état c'est moi. We reached such a low point, in which I even considered to leave the clan in order to avoid the shite-annoying Cup Invitations. How I hate 'em! 

 We have two options. One is dissapear for ever and ever. Close the house, kick everyone and return to the darkness we should have never left.The other one is to reborn from our ashes like Harry Potter's phoenix. This means that we will be looking for new members and that we will be accepting candidatures. A word on this. I have very little hopes to find an appropiate candidate, or even worse, to find someone interested in joining us. After all, life goes on, isn't it? It's been for long time that our famous trademark is nowhere to be found in the forums. Only orwell2 seems to be missing it - among other things-.

This leads to the conclusion of my entry: future & plans.

I would be fooling myself if I pretended to change something in the game or in the community. I would not have enough free time and dedication. At least, as clan captain, FA and old experienced user, I have some tools to try something - and it's what I am doing right now.

Marx Brothers are back, in a slimmer version.

To finish with, my favourite epitaph from a great Greek author: "I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free."

3 comments:

jefcofma said...

Hi big boy. Want a good time? Click here

Or dial 1800MBareSEXY now! You wont regret it!

i_no_what_eindhatre_is said...

trying to work out how to blog something

i_no_what_eindhatre_is said...

testing