6/30/2009

It's True, It's True.

When I was first mad an admin I heard a phrase from our beloved Sipwell. "Brits are Lobsters".
Me being me thought of this in a literal sense, (with my 2 claws snipping away. So I approach
Sipwell and ask him why do you call us Brits "Lobsters"? He replies "Because the British just go
red in the summer they don't go brown like the continentals!!"

I sat there thinking to myself looking at my own skin thinking "we do go brown." Then it happened!
Summer came, beautiful sunshine and BBQ weather. I was sitting in my Girlfriends Mum's back garden applying sun cream to my face and arms etc.. drinking away and a few hours passed. I get up to go in the house and I look in the mirror and all I can think of is "I look like a flaming Lobster". So I thought so all Brits go a nice shade of bright Red? So I browsed the web looking for traditional British tans and here are the unfortunate results :(

1) This is "I Have Been Out For Too Long" Tan

2) Can You Tell I Normally Where Shorts!!!


3) This is the "I Used Fake Tan" Look. (This happens to be popular with the 13-20 yrs old in the UK)


These are the most common tans in the UK. I will not show you my tan as I tend to break the camera. (I don't know why????) So here is how the picture would have looked :D



Have a great summer, and thanks for having me back.

No comments: