10/03/2008

chest - need - off - to - something - my - get (put in correct order)

Rumour has it that the Surreal Blog will be updated this weekend. Powdersnow, in an official reaction, said: “I am on it.” which basically means two things:

a) I am the sole leader of the clan. Nobody but me can change something on the website. We all think “authoritarianism” in this context, but we will refrain from actually say it. Marx Brothers all share the blog and all edit whatever they like. I’ll come back to that in a minute.
b) he is thinking of three meaningless sentences to put on the blog, so that his brainwashed herd is happy again for a week. It takes a lot of their energy to “sit” on Hogweed. (Read the post of this “sit-on” somewhere else on this blog).


We don’t however always need to confront Surreal with its inherent weaknesses. Sometimes we need to look at ourselves too. I want to use this space to thank somebody who has been active very much on this blog but whose changes and edits mostly go unnoticed. That person is Bigdaddyat.
Quite frankly, before he joined this clan its pages were a true mess. I might have the brains of three Einsteins welded together, hidden after an ever changing face of the World most beautiful men, I have no clue how a blog needs to be changed. I simply don’t get it. Enter Bigdaddyat. He has changed the layout of this blog, has added numerous things to it and has made it prettier each time he touched it. Yet none of those updates were mentioned on the pages itself. The Hogweed Fan Club Page, the link to the T-shirts, the Hogweed Forum, the Fluttering flags, … too much to ever put in one post. Let’s just all go for a celebratory dance, a beer (on his expense) and some “congratulations”…

PS. I requested my good pals Putin and Chirac to pay their tribute too:


Thanks mate for all the work so far!

4 comments:

Airfix_9 said...

Excuse ME! The flags were the work of Leedo and myself!!!

Great job though BigD.

BigDaddyAt said...

Yep, thanks for the kind words, but AF9 beat me to it. While the flags were my doing initially, I gave up on the waving version when I couldn't find one (England of all places) in the moving variety. Leedo and AF9 took it upon themselves to fix it up a bit.

Besides, so many others have contributed to fixing up the place:

Duke27 widened the old posting space and added our counter and chat box

Leedo removed that ugly Blogger header

AF9 took the lead on the flags and gave us opur lovely flame for Hog

Besides, aren't the posts the most important thing?

duke4 said...

You all have done a wonderful job.

sipwell said...

At least the history of the Marx Brothers is now clear for all the future historians who want to study this talented bunch of people!

Sorry for the mistakes and thanks AF9 for the great flags (I wasn't sure but I took a guess, is it acceptable?), Leedo for deleting the ugly banner and Sduke for the counter/chat box

The Flame was indeed brilliant and I believe we should have it back, in order to remember, for eternity what a hard fight we had to put up...